Sunday, August 11, 2013

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon

Bout of Books
Finally a read-a-thon I can participate in.  Due to my work/cleaning/always one step behind schedule I've never managed to find the time to participate in a read-a-thon until now:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 19th and runs through Sunday, August 25th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 8.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

I am delighted to see Bout of Books is holding their read-a-thon the week I am having foot surgery.   My bunionectomy is August 20th, so once I've settled into recovery mode I will look forward to reading my way through my TBR list and socializing with other book bloggers. I have quite a week of book reading planned I hope I am up to the task.

4 comments:

  1. The timing works out really well for you! I hope you are feeling well enough after surgery to get a lot of reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too. Plus all the books I plan on reading are pretty heavy nonfiction. I hope I'm not too drugged up to read clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds cool. Good luck with your surgery. Speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Arlett I need all the well wishes I can get.

    ReplyDelete